Physiotherapy is a degree-based healthcare profession. Physios use their knowledge and skills to improve a range of conditions associated with different systems of the body, such as:
- Neurological (stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s)
- Neuromusculoskeletal (back pain, whiplash associated disorder, sports injuries, arthritis)
- Cardiovascular (chronic heart disease, rehabilitation after heart attack)
- Respiratory (asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis).
Physiotherapists work in a variety of specialisms in health.
How can Physiotherapy help in relieving your pain?
Orthopedic Rehabilitation or physiotherapy can help with many different problems including:
- Pre and Post Surgical Care of all Orthopedic Conditions
- Balance/Vertigo Rehabilitation
- Postural Training
- Arthritis Management
- Back/Neck Rehabilitation
- Joint Pain Management
- Headache Management
- Manual Therapy/McKenzie Treatment
- Spinal Stabilization
- Muscle and Ligament Strains and Sprains
- Myofascial Release
- Auto Accident Injuries
- Work Injuries
Physiotherapists are experts in their own fields, just like how a surgeon is in his. From strains to sprains and bruises to fractures, physiotherapists are able to restore the body back to optimum performance. In less serious injury cases, physiotherapists are able to help you recover without surgical intervention whereas for serious ones, they can help you to recover faster after surgery.