Any one with shoulder pain will know that even simple task can be difficult to do, for example just it can be so hard to use your arm or your hand.
Help is in getting the right treatment and getting the advice or consultation from an expert. Shoulder pain is any pain in or around your shoulder joint. Most pain can be felt when you try to reach behind your back or overhead.
There are many reasons why you may get a painful shoulder. One of the most common cause of shoulder pain is a problem with the tendons that attach your shoulder muscles to the bone of your upper arm.
About 6 out of 10 people who have shoulder pain also have problems with their tendons. The shoulder joint is held in place by four tendons called rotator cuff tendons. Your shoulder is the most flexible joint in your body.
However, its wide range of movement also means that the shoulder can be hurt and injured easily. You can get pain if your rotator cuff tendons get damaged or swollen, or if there are changes in the bone around them.
Shoulder Pain Facts:
If your tendons get trapped under the bony arch in your shoulder, you’ll get pain. This pinching can cause inflammation and damage your tendons. Below are the list of shoulder problems:
- Acromioclavicular Osteoarthritis
- Burners and Stingers
- Frozen Shoulder
- Glenoid Labrum Tear
- Rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder Bursitis
- Shoulder Impingement
- Shoulder Instability
- Snapping Scapular Syndrome
- Shoulder Tendonitis
Signs and Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
The most common symptoms diagnosed in patients with shoulder pain are:
- No able to to carry object or use the arm,
- Deformed joint,
- Shoulder pain that occurs at night or while resting,
- Shoulder pain that doesn’t go away after a few days,
- Inability to raise the arm,
- Bruise or swelling around the joint or arm,
- Signs of infection, including fever, redness, warmth,
- Any other unusual symptoms
Treatment Options For Shoulder Pain:
The treatment of shoulder pain is dependent entirely on the cause of the problem. Therefore, it is really important that you understand the cause of your symptoms before embarking on a treatment for shoulder pain. If you are unsure of your diagnosis, or the severity of your condition, you should seek medical advice before beginning any treatment.
The treatments listed below are for general knowledge only and s doctor’s advice is required before implementing as every individual is different so is every condition but may be helpful in your situation.
- Rest the shoulder joint,
- Allow the acute inflammation to subside,
- When resting the joint, prolonged immobilization can cause a frozen shoulder (be careful),
- Ice and Heat Application,
- Ice packs and heat pads are among the most commonly used treatments for shoulder pain,
What is the right treatment, ice or heat? What is the desired length of time for ice or heat treatment? Consult our doctor or a qualified doctor for the right answer.
- Stretching the muscles and tendons that surround the joint can be helpful,
- A good routine should be established, following some specific suggestions will help,
- Physical therapy is an very important aspect whe3n it comes to treatment of most orthopedic conditions.
- Physical therapists use different modalities to increase strength, regain mobility and help patients heal as fast as possible,
- Some specific exercises may help strengthen the muscles around the joint and relieve some pain associated with many conditions,
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pain medications, commonly prescribed for patients with shoulder pain caused by arthritis, bursitis and tendonitis.
- Cortisone is a powerful medication that treats inflammation, which is a common problem in patients with shoulder pain. Discuss with your doctor the possible benefits of a cortisone injection for your shoulder pain condition.
The Cure For Shoulder Pain
Physical examination, X-rays are important for our doctor to diagnose your case with certainty before he can propose the most suitable treatment plan for your speedy recovery. So make an appointment with us today. The sooner you start seeking consultation with our doctor, the sooner you’re recover from shoulder pain..
Consultation Strictly By Appointment Only!
预约电话：(65) 9653 4062
Call between 7am to 11pm daily to book appointment for normal hours!
- Pain of the neck – possible causes
- Lower Back Pain Treatment
- Pain on the Foot
- Hip Pain
- Pain of the Knee
- Pain on the Heel
Neck and Back:
- What Is Neck Pain
- Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc
- Coccydynia (Tail Bone Pain)
- Whiplash Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- DeQuervain’s Stenosing Tenosynovitis
- Ganglion of the Wrist
- Mallet Finger
- Osteoarthritis of the Fingers and Thumb
- Tennis Elbow or Lateral Humeral Epicondylitis
- Trigger Finger and Thumb
- Ulnar Nerve Neuritis
- Rotator Cuff Tear